Out and About in Orlando.
Bynx (NOW OPEN)
Bynx, highly anticipated coffee, music and book shop at 420 Church Street is now open. The unique space is part coffee shop, part record shop, and part book shop. There is even a live performance stage set up in the front corner. Welcome to the neighborhood!
Eola Pets has tasty Hanukkah treats for your four-legged friend to celebrate eight crazy nights. Happy Paw-nukkah!
Orlando Museum of Art
OMA and community partner, Black Theatre Girl Magic, are looking for local artists who are descendants of the African diaspora and/or American descendants of slavery for the upcoming 1st Thursdays presenting Onija. All submissions need to be in by January 17, 2021 see link for details. Event date is February 4, 2021.
Mad Cow Theatre
Holiday on Church Street will feature performances from Mad Cow Theatre on select nights of "It Was a Very Good Yule," the swinging 60s Christmas cabaret, and the sketch comedy improv "Laughing all the Way." Check the calendar for performance dates and note space is limited.
THIS IS DOWNTOWN
Thank you to all of you who joined DOP in collaboration with UCF, Orlando Health, and CareerSource Central Florida for yesterday's of This is Downtown. Panelists, Mark Bush, Helen Lynch, and Clifford Marvin examined the roles of education, recruitment, and partnership in Downtown Orlando's ecosystem in a Q&A format.
ICYMI, we've got you covered. Here is the link to the recorded session.
DID YOU KNOW?
Discover Downtown Pop-Up
Discover Downtown is hosting a pop-up event TODAY from 11:00 - 3:00 PM (as well as December 16, 2020) featuring local vendors. Some of the featured vendors include:
- Ashley Edwards: Handmade soaps and coasters
- Rhea Sands, RTS Blanks and Buy – Ins LLC: Pillows, blankets, totes, tumblers, air fresheners, Santa sacks, Christmas Ornaments and Face Masks
- Camie Lewis, Belle’s Garden and Co: Natural hair growth oil, hair treatment oil, anti-acne face serum, feminine oil, bath salts, bath bombs, body scrubs and body butters
- Georgeanna Butler, LaShawn, Independent Pampered Chef Consultant: Kitchen tools
- Michele Plant Kroupa, A Spoon Full of hope: Holiday items that include, tomato basil soup, raw local honey, shortbread cookies, ceramic soup cup with spoon, ceramic teacup with spoon
Fattmerchant is Central Florida's second fastest growing private firm. In the past three years they have had 466.8% growth. Way to go Fattmerchant!
Pet Alliance of Greater Orlando
The Pet Alliance of Greater Orlando is sending holiday tribute cards with a personalized message with donations of $20 or more. Money raised helps support the many animals in their care by providing medical care, food and love.