AND THE AWARD GOES TO.
The Golden Brick Awards is an long-standing tradition that celebrates community and development projects that have positively impacted Downtown. The list of finalists has been released and showcases the best of the best from 2018.
The Golden Brick Awards luncheon is set for April 1 (no joke) and 15 awards will be presented in various categories ranging from art and community engagement to renovation and sustainability. More than 50 projects were submitted, so the event is sure to be a nail-biter. Here is the rundown on who made the cut:
- Mascot Games 25th AnniFURsary
- Melrose in the Mix
- Modera Central by Mill Creek Residential
- OCLS African-American Read-In
- OCLS Downtown Branch Renovation
- Orlando Game Space
- Orlando Health, Supplier Diversity Program
- Orlando Health Team Member Center
- Parramore CommUNITY Wellness Day
- Pulse Interim Memorial
- Robinson Cocktail Room
- SFS License
- Shutts & Bowen LLP Remodel & Expansion
- Social Worker @ the Library
- South Street Urban Farm
- The Greenery Creamery
- The Orlando Magic Foundation Community Center
- The Portrait Project
- Virtual Reality/Game Design at the Melrose Center
- Worlds of Corkcicle
Event registration is open and special guest Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer will be in attendance to help recognize the Downtowner of the Year, Allen Johnson (Chief Venues Officer for Orlando Venues).
Time to make room on the mantle.